Friday 5 December 2014

Pray The Novena Prayer To St Jude

St. Jude Thaddeus was a relative of Jesus and one of His twelve apostles. The Catholic Church recognizes St. Jude as the patron saint of hopeless causes. If you have what seems like an impossible favor to ask of God, pray this novena to ask St. Jude to intercede for you.


Instructions


1. Make the Sign of the Cross. Pray the following words while moving your right hand from your forehead to your heart, to your left shoulder and then to your right: "In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen."


2. Say the following prayer: "O most holy apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, people honor and invoke you universally, as the patron of hopeless cases, of things almost despaired of. Pray for me, for I am so helpless and alone. Please help to bring me visible and speedy assistance. Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly (state your request) and that I may praise God with you always."


3. Make the Sign of the Cross again to complete the prayer.


4. Repeat the entire process on eight more days, for a total of nine days. At the end of the novena, offer some token of appreciation to St. Jude for his help.

Tags: Make Sign, Make Sign Cross, Sign Cross, your right